Promoting Transition Affirmation to Children Constitutes Child Abuse
It was only four years ago when the Supreme Court paved the way for gay marriage. Having won this big fight, the mainstream media began to question what would be next for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender movement.
Wilson Cruz, an LGBT activist, told CNN at the time: “I really do believe [the Supreme Court ruling] is the domino that is going to tip over the rest of the dominoes. Do not get in the way of this train, because it will run you over.”
The breakdown of American social norms is advancing at a lightning pace. The transgender lobby is out to drastically alter our society. If a person shows even the slightest hesitation to embrace their cause, they are called a hateful bigot. Not only are adults being told this, but school children are being taught the same.
Parents are likewise receiving guidance from Planned Parenthood and other liberal bastions on how to talk to preschoolers about transgenderism and masturbation, as if at the tender age of three a child needs to know about transgenderism and masturbation.
Be mindful of how you talk around your kid, too. Talking to (or in front of) your daughter about growing up and having boyfriends or marrying a man (and vice versa) sends the message that girls are supposed to like boys, and boys are supposed to like girls, and that anything else is wrong or not normal. While kids this young don’t know their sexual orientation yet, assuming they’re straight could make them scared to come to you or feel bad about themselves later. This can lead to mental health issues, unhealthy relationships, and taking more health risks when they reach their teenage years.
Planned Parenthood also provides a litmus test for determining whether or not your child is transgender. If your child is “Consistent, Insistent and Persistent” with the idea that he or she was born the wrong gender, you have no choice but to run with it.
Transgender propaganda impacting society
Michelle Cretella, M.D., President of the American College of Pediatricians, a national organization of pediatricians and other health care professionals dedicated to the health and well-being of children, wrote an article for The Daily Signal in which she explained the effects of the transgender mania on children and the impact on her career. As stated in Dr. Cretella’s article:
Parents are agreeing to have their children receive medication that could sterilize them for the rest of their lives, and some of these children are not even ten years old. Parents are brainwashing their malleable children with transgender propaganda until they eventually believe it. Once they believe it, the parents are free to convince the child of participating in self-destructive behavior such as the use of puberty blockers.
As to why doctors are bowing to transgender demands: The Left will stand outside clinics holding signs inferring that doctors who don’t support their views are “transphobic.” Fearful of losing their jobs if clinics are closed down, doctors are not fighting back.
Over the span of twelve years, nine years as a member of the board of the American College of Pediatricians and the last three years as its president, Dr. Cretella has witnessed what has now become the new normal.
- Pediatric “gender clinics” are considered elite centers for affirming children who are distressed by their biological sex. This distressful condition, once dubbed gender identity disorder, was renamed “gender dysphoria” in 2013.
- In 2014, there were 24 of these gender clinics, clustered chiefly along the east coast and in California. One year later, there were 40 across the nation.
- With 215 pediatric residency programs now training future pediatricians in a transition-affirming protocol and treating gender-dysphoric children accordingly, gender clinics are bound to proliferate further.
- Last summer, the federal government stated that it would not require Medicare and Medicaid to cover transition-affirming procedures for children or adults, because medical experts at the Department of Health and Human Services found the risks were often too high and the benefits too unclear. Undeterred by these findings, the World Professional Association for Transgender Health has pressed ahead, claiming—without any evidence—that these procedures are “safe.”
- Two leading pediatric associations—the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Pediatric Endocrine Society—have followed in lockstep, endorsing the transition affirmation approach even as the latter organization concedes within its own guidelines that the transition-affirming protocol is based on low evidence.”
According to the transition-affirming protocol, parents are told to treat their children as the gender they desire and to place them on puberty blockers around age 11 or 12 if gender dysphoric. By age 16 if children still insist they are trapped in the wrong body, they are to be place on cross-sex hormones and biological girls may obtain a double mastectomy.
Scientific research and facts disprove transgender narrative
The transgender movement has gained legs in the medical community and in our culture by offering a deeply flawed narrative. According to Dr. Cretalla, scientific research and facts tell a different story:
1. Twin studies prove no one is born “trapped in the body of the wrong sex.”
2. Gender identity is malleable, especially in young children.
3. Puberty blockers for gender dysphoria have not been proven safe.
4. There are no cases in the scientific literature of gender-dysphoric children discontinuing blockers.
5. Cross-sex hormones are associated with dangerous health risks.
6. Neuroscience shows that adolescents lack the adult capacity needed for risk assessment
7. There is no proof that affirmation prevents suicide in children.
8. Transition-affirming protocol has not solved the problem of transgender suicide.
Walt Heyer, an accomplished author and public speaker with a passion for mentoring individuals whose lives have been torn apart by unnecessary gender-change surgery, writes how children are encouraged, affirmed and assisted in “coming out” by their parents and the LGBTQ lobby as transgendered without one word about the consequences of the dangerous game of “gender make-believe.” Such parental affirmation gives young people false hope that they can really become a different gender, a lie even if told with compassionate motives.
According to Mr. Heyer:
For a vulnerable young person, pursuing a dream that is physically impossible to achieve can lead to depression and suicide. The prevalence of suicide attempts among transgender or gender non-conforming youth is 45 percent, according to a 2014 report by the Williams Institute, University of California at Los Angeles School of Law and the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. Moreover, doctors themselves admit they cannot tell who the “real” long-term gender dysphoric children are, whether a gender dysphoric child will feel the same way years later
Transgenderism is not a civil right
As Linda Harvey, speaker and author and founder of Mission America (www.missionamerica.com), a Christian pro-family organization tracking current cultural issues, noted in her article of July 19, 2017, Dirty 2 Dozen GOP Reps Bow to “Trans’ Demands, “Peddling sexual deviance to children and calling it a “civil right” is a gross distortion of American liberty and amounts to child corruption.”
It is true that a few courts have interpreted existing law to give a green light to schoolgirls who want entry to boys’ restrooms, but this is an exception. There is no “Federal law requires you to call boys who wear skirts by girl pronouns.
Meanwhile, in July of this year New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill directing public schools to allow transgender students to use the restrooms and other facilities which correspond to their gender identity, which has many people wondering why the Republican Christie signed the Democrat-sponsored bill.
This fall, the Minnesota Department of Education will be providing schools, public and charter, with the “tools” to support transgender and gender-nonconforming students.
Does danger loom ahead?
Trump’s Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, balked several months ago when asked to rescind Obama’s unlawful 2016 Title IX bathroom order that boys had a right to shower with girls at school. DeVos had to be ordered by Trump and Jeff Sessions to cooperate.
Secretary DeVos, who has become known as an avid supporter of homosexual/gender rebellion lifestyles, should be removed. She also hired Candice Jackson, an open lesbian, to head the DOE’s Office of Civil Rights. A memorandum recently written by Candice Jackson indicates that schools must look out for the “rights” of transgender students and go along with the chosen pronouns of a gender-confused student or else face a possible federal investigation.
There is some good news. Congress is considering a bill to limit the rush to redefine gender in federal law. Recently introduced, H.R. 2796 would continue to define “male” to mean biological male, and females likewise, under existing law.
As Dr. Cretella recently explained, medical outcomes will result from our culture’s rush to embrace transgender change as normal.
Today’s institutions that promote transition affirmation are pushing children to impersonate the opposite sex, sending many of them down the path of puberty blockers, sterilization, the removal of healthy body parts, and untold psychological damage. These harms constitute nothing less than institutionalized child abuse.
Although a staunch conservative Republican all her life, it wasn't until the mid-90s that Nancy not only realized she could write, but that she also had strong political opinions that needed to be expressed.
Nancy is active in the following organizations: The Heartland Institute, The Illinois Policy Institute, Phyllis Schlafly Eagles, Illinois Family Institute, Family-Pac, Republican Assembly of Lake County, and the Women's Republican Club of Lake Forest/Lake Bluff. She regularly attends Lakeview Presbyterian Church, PCA.
Latest posts by Nancy Thorner (see all)
- Misguided IL Republicans Embrace CA, Electing to Protect Illegal Aliens over Safety of Citizens - September 15, 2017
- Anti-Trump ‘Resistance’ Reeks of Treason and Subversion - September 9, 2017
- David Shestokas Reveals Surprising and Unique Facts about our Founding Documents - September 2, 2017