A few shocking facts on income inequality!
There’s a magic bullet out there that could lift 7 out of 10 families out of poverty without spending a dime . . . and yet virtually no one is talking about it.
First, memorize these:
1. The poverty rate for single-parent families is approximately six times higher than two-parent families.
2. If all single mothers were to marry the fathers of their children, about two-thirds of them would drop out of poverty.
3. Approximately 70 percent of all poor families are single-parent families.
We have an instant fix for 70 % of all poverty in America. Marriage!
- It doesn’t require any government spending.
- It doesn’t require any taxes.
- It doesn’t require any borrowing.
- It doesn’t require any new entitlement programs.
It just requires one thing: Saying “I do.”
Yet another consequentialist (results-based) argument for a social position (support of marriage). Imagine that.
Ardently devoted to the cause of human freedom, he has worked at the confluence of politics, activism, and public policy for more than a decade. He co-wrote a ten-part series of video shorts on economics, and has film credits as a researcher on 11 political documentaries, including Citizens United's notorious film on Hillary Clinton that became the subject of a landmark Supreme Court decision. He is the founder of several activist endeavors, including AnyStreet.org (now a part of Western Free Press) and Liberatchik.com. He is currently the managing editor of and principal contributor to WesternFreePress.com.
Latest posts by Christopher Cook (see all)
- BREAKING: Time Warner Cable Goes Down at the EXACT Moment When Trump Put His Hand on the Bible - January 20, 2017
- Anyone Who Asks You Why You Don’t Trust Polls . . . SHOW THEM THIS! - January 16, 2017
- Podcast: Why the Media Is Making You Miserable (And Risking the Progress We’ve Made) - January 15, 2017