A few shocking facts on income inequality!
There’s a magic bullet out there that could lift 7 out of 10 families out of poverty without spending a dime . . . and yet virtually no one is talking about it.
First, memorize these:
1. The poverty rate for single-parent families is approximately six times higher than two-parent families.
2. If all single mothers were to marry the fathers of their children, about two-thirds of them would drop out of poverty.
3. Approximately 70 percent of all poor families are single-parent families.
We have an instant fix for 70 % of all poverty in America. Marriage!
- It doesn’t require any government spending.
- It doesn’t require any taxes.
- It doesn’t require any borrowing.
- It doesn’t require any new entitlement programs.
It just requires one thing: Saying “I do.”
Yet another consequentialist (results-based) argument for a social position (support of marriage). Imagine that.