Connecticut gun owners wait in line to register their guns
Is registration the first step to confiscation?
Some people argue that the slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy. Fine. Let’s call this the “gateway argument.”
1. There are forces that would like nothing better than to confiscate all guns, even and especially those legal guns owned by law-abiding citizens.
2. In the event of a move towards confiscation, registration of such guns allows the state to know who has guns to confiscate.
C. Registration facilitates confiscation.
I am not saying that registration WILL lead to confiscation. I am saying it can facilitate it. A general house-to-house search would arouse too many passions in those who don’t own guns. Registration allows the state to isolate gun owners, making any move towards confiscation somewhat more feasible. In the event of a confiscation, the registration that preceded it would no longer be seen in isolation, but would be rightly seen as just the first step in the confiscation effort.
And Connecticut gun owners are walking right into that propeller blade now.
Who can blame them? Do you want to be considered a felon? I don’t. And that is exactly what the statists are counting on.
Ardently devoted to the cause of human freedom, he has worked at the confluence of politics, activism, and public policy for more than a decade. He co-wrote a ten-part series of video shorts on economics, and has film credits as a researcher on 11 political documentaries, including Citizens United's notorious film on Hillary Clinton that became the subject of a landmark Supreme Court decision. He is the founder of several activist endeavors, including AnyStreet.org (now a part of Western Free Press) and Liberatchik.com. He is currently the managing editor of and principal contributor to WesternFreePress.com.
Latest posts by Christopher Cook (see all)
- BREAKING: Time Warner Cable Goes Down at the EXACT Moment When Trump Put His Hand on the Bible - January 20, 2017
- Anyone Who Asks You Why You Don’t Trust Polls . . . SHOW THEM THIS! - January 16, 2017
- Podcast: Why the Media Is Making You Miserable (And Risking the Progress We’ve Made) - January 15, 2017