CBS News Confirms that Obama Administration Covered-up Benghazi
Just days after the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, Secure America Now created a video, “The Truth About Libya: Failed Foreign Policy” – the first of its kind after the tragedy, which held the U.S. government responsible for the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and three brave Americans.
Last week, the Weekly Standard obtained a timeline briefed by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence – documented evidence that the talking points used by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice were heavily edited by senior members of the Obama administration to hide the role of Al Qaeda in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya on the evening of Sep. 11, 2012.
As Weekly Standard’s Stephen Hayes notes, the administration knew from an early stage – two hours into the attack – that an “Al Qaeda-linked terrorist group operating in Libya” was responsible. That information was known throughout various government agencies. And yet, by Sunday, Sep. 16, the story had been transformed into the now-infamous lie about an anti-Islam YouTube video.
Later, when the fictitious YouTube-centered story began to unravel, the administration issued a statement through the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that suggested that new information had come to light about the role of terrorists in the attack.
The information was not new; it had been known from the very earliest stages of the attack. Was this a deliberate attempt to deceive the America people?
Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 8, three senior State Department officials with inside knowledge of the Benghazi attack will testify before the House Oversight Committee.
According to CBS News, one of those witnesses, the deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy – Gregory Hicks – told congressional investigators that the State Department internal review of the catastrophe at the mission in Benghazi, “Let people off the hook.” Indeed, Hicks said, “I never reported a demonstration; I reported an attack on the consulate.”
Hicks also questioned Ambassador Susan Rice’s talking points that made the rounds on numerous Sunday shows following the attack.
It is time the American people were told the truth about the terrorist attack that took place in Benghazi.
Contact Congressman Issa to thank him for standing strong and not being deterred by the administration’s refusal to come forward with the truth. The American people deserve to know.
Other Security Developments:
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- Rep. Andy Biggs Introduces “Grant’s Law” to Stop Illegal Immigrant Crime - January 15, 2017
- Arizona Ideals Made Prop 123 A Reality - January 12, 2017
- Video: Arizona Governor Doug Ducey’s State of the State Address - January 11, 2017