Mind-boggling video of government waste!
Bankrupting America Releases New Web Video: Your Tax Dollars At Work
Arlington, Va. – Bankrupting America, a project of Public Notice, today released a new tax day web video, “Your Tax Dollars At Work,” asking Americans whether they feel Washington is spending their tax dollars wisely. This video highlights concerns for the way money is being spent in Washington, including reactions to recent headlines exposing real government waste.
The money that Washington squanders on a daily basis comes from real people who have worked hard and sacrificed to build a better life for themselves and their family. April 15 shouldn’t just be a dreaded day for taxpayers; it should be a time for Washington to ask what they are giving taxpayers in return.
Click Here To See The Fact Sheet.
Public Notice Executive Director Gretchen Hamel issued the following statement on the video:
“On a day when taxes are due, we wanted to remind Washington that America is paying close attention to how its money is being spent. For too long, Americans have tolerated a culture of waste and overspending, which have brought massive deficits, mountains of debt and higher taxes on virtually everyone. This is real money from real people, and Washington should take notice.”
Some recent examples of government waste:
- “Star Trek” and “Gilligan’s Island” parody IRS training video: $60,000
- USDA internship program for 1 full-time intern: $2,000,000
- FBI director and attorney general used luxury jets for non-mission purposes: $11,400,000
- Army spending on camouflage uniforms that actually made soldiers more visible: $5,000,000,000
- Stimulus grant to study correct condom use: $423,500
- Parking spaces for NIH employees: $5,891,100
BankruptingAmerica.org is an educational project of Public Notice, an independent, nonpartisan, non-profit, 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to providing facts and insight on the effects public policy has on Americans’ financial well-being.