Obama Has Israel’s Back? Color Me Skeptical
“We have your back.”
Sounds good, no? Well, we’ll see. Obama is a master at rhetorical flourishes that later turn out to just that and nothing more.
For example, consider these famous Barack Obama lines:
1. On February 24, 2009, in a speech to Congress, Barack Obama said:
“I asked this Congress to send me a recovery plan … not because I believe in bigger government — I don’t.”
2. On September 14, 2009, in a speech on financial rescue and reform, President Obama said:
“I have always been a strong believer in the power of the free market.”
3. On April 19th, 2011, at a Facebook Town Hall, the President said:
“If we keep on spending more than we take in, it’s going to cause serious damage to our economy.”
That’s the full set — the three core tenets of the Tea Party Movement!
1. Limited Government
2. Free Markets
3. Fiscal Responsibility
Does that make Barack Obama a Tea Party conservative? Hardly. His behavior belies all three of his pronouncements.
So, does “We have your back” make Obama an Israel supporter? I’m sure he’d like some folks to think so. And this would be a good place to start saying what he means and meaning what he says. We can always hope.
However, based on history, I’m skeptical. I’d say let’s just wait and see.
Latest posts by David Leeper (see all)
- Neo-Nazis, KKK, ACLU, Charlottesville, and Trump - August 16, 2017
- American Mythbuster – Busting the Myths of History with Music! - August 12, 2017
- Socialism Has Destroyed Venezuela – Bernie Sanders Fans, Take Note - August 8, 2017