Scout Day at the Capitol
Representatives: David Gowan (R-Dist. 14) & Doug Coleman (R-Dist. 16) and
Senators: Al Melvin (R-Dist. 11) & Bob Worsley (R-Dist. 25)
STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX (February 8, 2013) – On Saturday morning, more than 200 Arizona Boy Scouts from across the state will participate in the annual Scout Day at the Capitol. The event, organized by House Majority Leader David Gowan (R-Dist 14) and Senator Al Melvin (R-Dist. 11), will provide a unique learning experience and a chance to take part in a meaningful service project. Scouts will participate in a cleanup effort to polish and maintain the many war memorials that outline the Capitol. They will also be provided with learning opportunities including a guided tour of the Old Capitol Complex by Members of the House of Representatives and the Senate.
Scout Day at the Capitol is a special opportunity for Boy Scouts to engage in the political process, take part in community service and learn about the many responsibilities of Arizona public servants. At the conclusion, Scouts will take part in an adventurous scavenger hunt filled with great food and fun.
Volunteers from Order of the Arrow, Capitol Staff and various Scout Leaders will be on hand to assist with the activities. The event will run from 8 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Scout Day at the Capitol
- Approximately 200 scouts and their parents
- Senator Al Melvin
- Senator Bob Worsley
- Representative Doug Coleman
- Various volunteers, including members from the OA
- Saturday, February 9, 2013
- 8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Arizona State Capitol
- 1700 W. Washington St.
- Phoenix, AZ, 85007
Latest posts by Press Release (see all)
- This Week: Giving Prisoners A REAL Second Chance - February 20, 2017
- BRIEF: Keeping Children Safe And Families Together - February 19, 2017
- Will Flagstaff Empower Voters? — Gorsuch Support — Upcoming GOP Events - February 17, 2017