Sinema Refuses to Acknowledge Record Defending Murderers
From the AZ GOP:
Smoke and Mirrors: Extreme Kyrsten Sinema’s Record as Criminal Defender Disappears from Campaign Bio
PHOENIX – Extreme far-left congressional candidate Kyrsten Sinema is putting on a disappearing act worthy of Las Vegas as she continues to give 9th Congressional District voters the silent treatment about her record as a criminal defense attorney.
Sinema in 2006 boasted at a liberal gathering that she is a “criminal defense attorney who represents murderers,” and her official legislative biographies proudly touted her career as a criminal defender. (
Shawn Macomber, “The Marginalized Mainstream,” The American Spectator, June 14, 2006)
- 2005: “Kyrsten … will practice criminal defense while not in session.”
- 2007: “Kyrsten … practices criminal defense law in the Phoenix community.”
- 2009: “She … practices law when not in session.”
- January 2012, just before retiring to focus on her election: “She … practices law when not in session.”
Abracadabra, now Sinema’s legal career has vanished from her campaign for Congress. Her campaign biography makes no mention of her legal career, or her push for an end to the death penalty – even for terrorists! – or her disdain for victims’ rights. A big part of her life as a lawyer and a liberal activist has simply disappeared.
“Kyrsten Sinema is putting on a magic act that would make David Copperfield jealous,” Tom Morrissey, Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party said. “Sinema can’t run from her record on crime forever. First, she stonewalls on calls to release her criminal client list, and now she’s scrubbed away any evidence of her soft-on-crime past from her campaign. Her act has gotten old, and Arizona voters won’t fall for her tricks.”
- Shawn Macomber, “The Marginalized Mainstream,” The American Spectator, June 14, 2006
- http://www.azleg.gov/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=53&Legislature=47&Session_ID=82 .
- http://www.azleg.gov/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=52&Legislature=48&Session_ID=85 . Note that she is now writing in the present tense; i.e., by 2007 she is actively practicing criminal defense.
- http://www.azleg.gov/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=52&Legislature=49&Session_ID=87 .
- http://www.azleg.gov/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=15&Legislature=50&Session_ID=107 .