CBS Reporter Lara Logan Slams Obama Administration for Major Lie about Taliban
The official line from the Obama administration has been that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are on the wane after the death of Osama Bin Laden. This was to have been a major (positive) accomplishment for Obama, of which there are few to none.
1. It appears that the Taliban and Al Qaeda didn’t get the memo that they are supposed to be on the wane. They’ve attacked embassies all over the Middle East, and they’ve murdered four Americans in Libya, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
2. Joe Biden and others in the administration may well have inflamed the militants themselves with their taunt that “Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive.” Incredibly, Joe Biden is still using this line, bombastically, publicly, in front of huge audiences.
3. The Obama administration’s attempt to spin the crisis by deflecting blame onto a no-name internet movie trailer has completely collapsed.
Add to this the clear testimony about Al Qaeda and Taliban resurgence from respected reporter Lara Logan of CBS News. Ms Logan was gang-raped and atrociously molested in February, 2011, while covering Thomas Friedman’s vaunted Arab Spring “Facebook Revolution” celebrations in Egypt.
Logan ripped the Obama administration last week for the way it has handled Middle East affairs. This is an incredibly brave woman who speaks with experience, knowledge, and a moral authority that Thomas Friedman can never match, no matter how much wishful-thinking sophistry he slathers on his chin-pulling New York Times readers as they sip their lattes in Manhattan’s upper-east-side cafés.
About the supposed taming of the Taliban, Logan says:
… I can’t stand that there is a major lie being propagated … [I hope that the U.S. will] exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil, that its ambassadors will not be murdered, and that the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it.
Put more succinctly, a nonprofit executive and former magazine editor summarized Logan’s speech with:
Shoot ’em, bomb ’em, [f**k] ’em. They will kill your children.
Many on the Left have long believed that the best way to deal with evil is to make nice-nice to it. That belief may buttress their already sanctimonious self-image. Beginning with his apology tour, Obama has made it a national policy, and we’re now seeing some of the early dividends.
Thanks to Logan’s testimony, at least a few on the Left have begun losing their general naïveté about evil.
A video of Ms Logan’s remarks appears below.
Logan’s 60 Minutes interview with General John Allen appears below. For details, go to this link.
Finally, see Lara’s car ride with a Talibani, “Face to Face with the Enemy”, below. (If the video does not appear or play properly, you can see it at this link.)
Latest posts by David Leeper (see all)
- Neo-Nazis, KKK, ACLU, Charlottesville, and Trump - August 16, 2017
- American Mythbuster – Busting the Myths of History with Music! - August 12, 2017
- Socialism Has Destroyed Venezuela – Bernie Sanders Fans, Take Note - August 8, 2017