Women who worked with Romney speak out
When a president doesn’t have a record to run on . . . when a president is presiding over an economic situation that is, in some ways, worsening rather than recovering after a recession . . . what’s his campaign to do?
Why, make stuff up, of course!
Among the serial false attacks on Mitt Romney has been the absurd notion that he is anti-women. It’s actually an attack that they trot out against nearly all Republicans at some point, for a few simple reasons:
- Dividing human beings into grievance classes is one of the ways the left attains power. It’s a divide and conquer strategy:
- separate out a group from the whole society,
- tell them they have reason to be aggrieved,
- focus on that grievance until they’re profoundly unhappy,
- identify an enemy who is making them unhappy, and then
- tell then you are their only savior.
- The left cannot remake any society into the statist utopia they envision until they first destroy the existing order. Creating warring grievance classes destabilizes societal cohesion, a necessary step in this process.
- Electorally, the kind of attack works. It doesn’t move all the votes, but it moves some.
That this line of attack is false is of no consequence to the perpetrators.
America got to see the real Mitt Romney in the debate on Wednesday, and he was nothing like the caricature they’ve painted. Eventually, the truth will out.
Frankly, we were completely, totally, absolutely fed up. That’s what we told a reporter from the Milwaukee Sentinel today who asked us why a group of female executives are traveling the country telling women about our former boss Mitt Romney. We were frustrated that so many women were getting a picture of Mitt from the media and negative ads that just doesn’t match up with the man we all know and worked with in Salt Lake and Massachusetts. We’re smart women; we know it’s a big country; and we know we’re only a few voices. But we also know we have insights and stories that women voters want to hear before they make up their minds – so we decided to hit the road and tell as many women as we can what Mitt Romney is really like from the perspective of the women who worked with him every day.
Amazingly, most women don’t know that Mitt had women at his side helping him turn around the Olympics in Salt Lake and fix the economy in Massachusetts. It doesn’t surprise me because I know how Mitt puts together his team. He hires the strongest talent he can find, so naturally he ends up with a lot of women. Mitt says he hires people who will “go through walls” to get the job done; the women who have worked with him over the years definitely fit that description. I worked with him for nine years and can tell you that my colleagues in Salt Lake and Massachusetts are as talented and incredible as any group of women in America.
Mitt was recognized every year he was Governor for having more women in Cabinet and senior positions than any other Governor in the country. Women made up half Mitt’s cabinet. Women were at the heart of the economic team he put together to create jobs, cut red-tape and streamline regulations and permitting. He personally chose and campaigned for his Lt. Governor – Kerry Healey – a hard-working, gracious, accomplished woman. His Chief of Staff, Beth Myers, was at the table with him . . .
Dividing Americans against each other is no way to run a country, and it’s no substitute for having a positive agenda. A fact that Barack Obama is going to discover after Mitt Romney takes office next year.
Ardently devoted to the cause of human freedom, he has worked at the confluence of politics, activism, and public policy for more than a decade. He co-wrote a ten-part series of video shorts on economics, and has film credits as a researcher on 11 political documentaries, including Citizens United's notorious film on Hillary Clinton that became the subject of a landmark Supreme Court decision. He is the founder of several activist endeavors, including AnyStreet.org (now a part of Western Free Press) and Liberatchik.com. He is currently the managing editor of and principal contributor to WesternFreePress.com.
Latest posts by Christopher Cook (see all)
- BREAKING: Time Warner Cable Goes Down at the EXACT Moment When Trump Put His Hand on the Bible - January 20, 2017
- Anyone Who Asks You Why You Don’t Trust Polls . . . SHOW THEM THIS! - January 16, 2017
- Podcast: Why the Media Is Making You Miserable (And Risking the Progress We’ve Made) - January 15, 2017