Obama has run out of time
While the political news is filled with Obama-Romney matchups, post-convention bounces, and swing state cliffhangers, it pays to step back and look at the polls that provide clues to the outcome on Election Day: Public opinion on the economy and the future of the country.
The one intriguing bit of recent political news comes from pollster Scott Rasmussen who found that 54 percent of likely voters are excited about the choice between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. Chalk that up to Romney’s pick of Paul Ryan. The Ryan selection pumped the Romney campaign and proved that candidates can talk to voters like adults and address serious issues. Now there is a real choice.
Looking past the newly charged mood of the campaign are some stubborn polling figures that bode well for the Romney-Ryan ticket. In step with results tabulated all year, 63 percent of voters continue to think the country is headed down the wrong track. This is the most serious indictment of the Obama administration, revealing a deep-seated frustration with nearly four years of failure.
Added to that are details beneath the surface that only augment the “wrong track” polling results:
- 16 percent say they see a better future for today’s children;
- 24 percent report their finances are getting better;
- 5l percent favor repeal of the president’s healthcare law;
- 52 percent say the housing market will take more than three years to recover.
In another survey, the industry oriented Conference Board reports that consumer confidence dropped in August to its lowest level in nine months.
For President Obama, the polls that count are trending in the wrong direction. Only about two months remain until November 6. Obama has run out of time.
Latest posts by Western Free Press (see all)
- Pat Condell DESTROYS the Left’s Use of the Slur ‘Racist’ . . . - February 19, 2017
- Video: British Women Returns to Her Home Town and Cries When She Sees What’s Happened - February 19, 2017
- Pat Condell Says Goodbye to Sweden - February 18, 2017