Top Five Ways Obamacare Crushes the Middle Class
Useful information from Heritage:
1. More taxes.
Didn’t Obama promise that this wasn’t a tax (except when arguing in front to the Supreme Court, when it had to be justified under Congress’ taxing power)?
2. Loss of existing coverage.
Didn’t Obama tell us that if we liked are existing coverage, we could keep our existing coverage?
3. Higher premiums. Americans who purchase coverage in the new Obamacare exchanges will find that health insurance is still very expensive. American Enterprise Institute resident scholar Scott Gottlieb, MD, explains, “For a family of four, premiums on even one of the lower priced ‘silver’ options could still cost more than $15,000 annually on the exchanges.” more
Wasn’t Obamacare supposed to save us all money?
4. Rising health care costs. As premiums and overall health care costs continue to rise, middle-class families, including those receiving a subsidy, will be left paying more. Beginning in 2019, Obamacare’s cost-containment strategy for the exchanges is to hold the total cost of the subsidies to 0.504 percent of GDP. Charles Blahous, a Medicare trustee, concludes that “this limitation would likely cause the federal subsidies to grow less rapidly over the long term than the cost of health care and thus require low-income individuals in the exchanges to shoulder a steadily increasing percentage of their health costs.” more
Once again, it is the people whom adherents of left-wing principles always claim to be looking out for who are hardest hit.
5. More government control of health care. Obamacare transfers massive authority over to the Secretary of Health and Human Services and expands the role of government in delivering care and coverage. more
Remember “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”?
Sure, except when the government decides that there are too many doctors in your town and tells your doctor that in order to continue practicing medicine, s/he needs to move to Minot, ND, or somewhere in the bayous of Louisiana, or anywhere else they darned well feel like telling him to move. Sound far-fetched? That’s what they do in other government-run health care systems. Think we can’t get there someday too?
Ardently devoted to the cause of human freedom, he has worked at the confluence of politics, activism, and public policy for more than a decade. He co-wrote a ten-part series of video shorts on economics, and has film credits as a researcher on 11 political documentaries, including Citizens United's notorious film on Hillary Clinton that became the subject of a landmark Supreme Court decision. He is the founder of several activist endeavors, including AnyStreet.org (now a part of Western Free Press) and Liberatchik.com. He is currently the managing editor of and principal contributor to WesternFreePress.com.
Latest posts by Christopher Cook (see all)
- BREAKING: Time Warner Cable Goes Down at the EXACT Moment When Trump Put His Hand on the Bible - January 20, 2017
- Anyone Who Asks You Why You Don’t Trust Polls . . . SHOW THEM THIS! - January 16, 2017
- Podcast: Why the Media Is Making You Miserable (And Risking the Progress We’ve Made) - January 15, 2017